Are you inspired to make a difference using compassion and kindness?
Our lovely end-of-life volunteers offer a supportive human presence in a time of need. They offer companionship by phone, email, video call (and when possible face-to-face) to people who approaching the end of their lives on their own or distant from family.
Have you got?
- compassion, patience and understanding?
- good communication and listening skills?
- a positive approach to end of life?
What do you need?
Personal experience is just as valid as prior qualification or working knowledge for this role. You need to have:
- Awareness of the issues faced by those at end-of-life
- Background in health, nursing or home care and supporting at end of life
- Calmness; ability to adapt to change; ability to think clearly in a crisis
- Good at building rapport with a client centred focus
- Good awareness of your own wellbeing
- Previous work or volunteering with those in later years and health issues
- Respect and courteousness, sensitivity, and tact
What do you get?
You will get excellent FREE training and support for this role and receive certificates on completion of modules in:
- Safeguarding adults
- Emotional support & signposting
- Practical support after a bereavement
- Communication skills
- The role of an end-of-life volunteer video
- End-of-life doula level 1
- Handling challenging questions
We DBS check and reference all team members too and there are no costs involved for you. Above all we care and will go to great lengths to help those in later years. So, if you feel this special role is right for you then apply today and join our mission.
If you want to volunteer, please contact 01206 482971.