Guidance for contacting Age Concern Colchester and North East Essex over the festive break 2020
Our office will be closed from 5pm on Thursday 24th December and will reopen at 9am on Monday 4th January 2021.
If you Volunteer for us, we do understand that you may wish to contact your client during this time to check how they are. Please bear in mind that clients may have a different schedule at this time, and you will not be able to access your Coordinator for support.
If you are planning to contact your client over the festive period, we suggest that you check plans with them beforehand so that you are aware of any changes to schedule.
In addition, the following suggestions and services may be useful to bear in mind at this time.
- If someone is clearly injured or unwell and in need of immediate urgent medical attention please call 999
- If a person is unwell and experiencing possible coronavirus symptoms, please contact 111 or visit www.111.nhs.uk to complete an online health assessment
- If you are concerned that an individual is at risk of abuse or neglect, please contact Essex Social Services on 0345 603 7630
- If you or someone you know are feeling depressed or experiencing thoughts of suicide please contact:
- Samaritans 116 123 [email protected] (24-hour response time)
- CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) 0800 58 58 58 open 7 days a week, 5pm to midnight.
- Mind Promotes the views and needs of people with mental health problems. 0300 123 3393 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm) www.mind.org.uk
- SANE Emotional support, information and guidance for people affected by mental illness, their families and carers. Textcare: comfort and care via text message, sent when the person needs it most: www.sane.org.uk/textcare Peer support forum: www.sane.org.uk/supportforum www.sane.org.uk/support
- If you need advice or support around any aspect of end-of-life care, please call Single Point – 01206 890 360 Available 24/7
- For the most up to date information and guidance on coronavirus please visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus-
- To report a crime please contact Essex Police www.essex.police.uk/do-it-online/report-a-crime/ – with the welfare number as 101.
- For support around issues involving drug and alcohol dependency please contact Open Road 0844 499 1323 https://www.openroad.org.uk/contact
- For a range of online debt support resources please visit Step Change https://helplines.org/helplines/stepchange-debt-charity/ – 0800 138 1111